The Social Service of Marien-Krankenhaus addresses all patients and their relatives for their time in hospital and is open for all people looking for advice, no matter what nationality, religion or ideology.
A stay in hospital can change your life and bring up new questions.
According to this we offer for free discreet, competent advice and support for individual solutions.
Our tasks are extensive and manifold, which calls for a close cooperation with the medical staff as well as with the authorities and institutions outside the clinic (home care services, health insurance companies, information centers, Medical Service, medical suppliers, authorities, hospitals, Inferiour Court, offices, nursing homes, special clinics, information centers for senior citizens and hospices).
We work as a link between the inside and the outside:
- if home care and help at home is needed
- if you have to apply for nursing treatment
- if assistance needs to be organized
- if you are looking for a nursing home
- if you want to order Meals on Wheels or a house emergency system
- if you want to authorize someone to make decisions for you in the case that you are not able to make decisions (illness, accident, coma), a precautionary authorization.
- if you need someone to take care of you at Inferiour Court
- if you want to apply for an identity card for handicapped people
- if alcohol, food or drugs have become a problem
- if you need professional help in dealing with your disease
- if private, familiar or occupational problems affect your life
- if you want a transfer to a hospice
A flyer with our opening hours and the responsible wards is available with the nursing staff.